BWI’s Yacht Insurance programs provide two-crew yacht coverage worldwide. We designed these programs around experienced, safety oriented, owner-operators of sail boats and motor yachts. To qualify, an owner / operator must have the equivalent of 10 years boating experience, established through a combination of boating experience and marine related qualification (USCG AUX & USPS Courses, USCG License, etc.) The program is structured so you only pay for the coverage (navigation limits) you need. A fundamental concept if safe cruising is to stay out of the hurricane zone during the hurricane season (between 12 degrees 40 minutes N LAT to 23 degrees 30 minutes N LAT while between 55 degrees W LON and 85 degrees W LON) July 1 to Nov 1. While our base rate has an exclusion for named and numbered windstorm losses “in the hurricane box” July 1 to Nov 1, for an additional premium we can offer named and numbered windstorm coverage “in the box” year round.
Many of our competitors
have exclusions or a policy provisions in their “preferred
policies” for the following:
- NO Coverage in windstorm areas – no named or numbered windstorm coverage in Grenada, the ABC Islands, Rio Dulce, the Gulf States, Florida, the Bahamas and the Gulf States in the storm season.
- A high tender and OB Motor Deductible = to the hull deductible.
- NO charter coverage.
- Require 3, 4 or more experienced crew members for Trans Ocean
- Do not insure vessels more than 25 years of age or provide only
ACV coverage (lots of depreciation on boats over 25 years of age).
- No named or numbered windstorm coverage during the summer on
the Pacific Coast of Mexico south of 27 N LAT.
- No navigation in Cuba, Colombia, Haiti, the Eastern Mediterranean
including Israel, Lebanon, the Red Sea, the Black Sea, Russia,
no transit of Cape Horn, etc.
If any of the above are offered, they usually are offered with the following:
- Very high rates and large deductibles for named and numbered windstorm losses.
- A long list of items depreciated in the event of a claim.
BWI offers Quality rated Domestic and International Carriers that
can provide all of the above. B
Programs have become the standard for domestic and international
voyagers providing $ 50,000 to $ 5,000,000 of two-crew “agreed
value” hull insurance anywhere on the globe. Our International
Health Plans have become the most widely subscribed cruisers’
health insurance programs in the offshore market. BWI isn’t
for everyone, but, for the discriminating boat owner who is tired
of being “shore horned” into policies developed for
the mass market – BWI’s unique line of policies may
be just what you need. Check us out today!